HELB, also known as the Higher Education Loans Board, was established in 1995 by an act of Parliament with the aim of supporting students through higher educational institutions. They offer loans, funds and Scholarships for educational needs.
Once students are disbursed with loans, they are supposed to repay back after they have graduated and are in a position to repay their debt. Those who are employed are to pay each month on 15th while the self employed lot can pay anywhere in the month.
For every month they miss payment,a penalty of Kshs 5000 incurs.
Fortunately, HELB has made it easy for you to pay your loan through the convenient and fast money transfer, Mpesa.
Mpesa is easy to access, effective and safe. It only requires a registered safaricom line and funds on your Mpesa to send. You can use HELB’s paybill number 20800 to pay your dues.
Here is the procedure to repay your HELB Loan via mpesa:
1. Go to your Mpesa Menu and select Lipa na Mpesa
2. Select Pay bill number
3. Enter HELB paybill number 20800 as the business number
4. Enter account number as your National identification card number
5. Enter the amount of money you intend to pay
6. Enter your Mpesa pin
7. Confirm all the details you entered are correct
9.cancel the Mpesa Hakikisha notification if you need to continue with the transaction
10. You will receive a notification message from mpesa
For inquiries and questions, contact HELB’s customer care on 0711052000 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org