Citibank is a major global leading bank in kenya. Since it’s establishment in 1975, it has had the leading mandate of handling businesses, companies and individuals banking needs.
Citibank has made it easy for you to deposit, withdraw, save and view balances through the use of Mpesa, a popular mobile money transfer platform. It is easier to use, fast and convenient.
You can handle all your money transactions at the comfort of your chair without worrying about limited time or long queues. It’s also cost effective and safe.
Citibank uses 100229 as their Mpesa paybill number in all their branches in the country. All you need to be part of this service is a registered safaricom line and a citibank account.
Here are the procedures to follow to deposit money into your account using Mpesa:
1. Go to your Sim toolkit and select Mpesa menu
2. Select Lipa na Mpesa and enter paybill
3. Enter citibank paybill number 100229 as the business number
4. Enter your citibank account number.
5. Enter the amount of money you need to deposit
6. Enter your Mpesa pin and confirm whether the details you provided are accurate
7. If you need to continue with the transaction, consider canceling the mpesa Hakikisha notification but if you are to stop the transaction, you can press 1 and you are good to go
9. You will get a confirmation message from Mpesa and citibank regarding your successful transaction
For inqueries and questions, you can call citibank on 020 2711221/222248 or email at kenya.citiservice@citi com